Executive Director, Triathlon Nova Scotia
Triathlon Nova Scotia (TNS) is seeking a knowledgeable, passionate and proactive individual for the position of Executive Director.
Reporting to, and taking direction from, the Board of Directors the Executive Director is responsible for the management and day-to-day operations of Triathlon Nova Scotia including providing overall management and leadership in implementing Board policy in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of TNS to ensure positive experiences for participants in TNS events in the province.
- Related undergraduate degree/diploma in a related field, or several years related experience;
- Experience in managing a not-for-profit community or provincial sport organization, or program;
- Experience in initiating, planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and services as they relate to the position;
- Demonstrated skill in initiating and maintaining effective relationships with Canadian and Provincial sport organizations and community organizations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality;
- Facility with the usual office-related computer applications.
Salary is under review by the Board, but will be commensurate with the position.
The work week will be 21 hours per week.
Please refer to the Job Description for more details.
Your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet all the above qualifications and must include a covering letter and your CV including experience and education.
Applications may be mailed to:
- “Executive Director application”, Triathlon Nova Scotia, 5516 Spring Garden Rd, 4th Floor, Halifax, NS, B3J 1G6
- or submitted via email to: email@example.com
Application deadline: 5:00p.m., April 24, 2017
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Candidates successful at the interview stage will be required to provide 3 references.
A resume and check will be conducted.
The successful candidate will be expected to start on or before May 30, 2017.