Support4Sport – Individual Coach Initiative
Applicants are encouraged to read the eligibility information noted here and ensure they meet the criteria before beginning an application. If eligible, please review and complete an application and all requested supplementary information by the 15th of each month.
The Support4Sport Allocation Committee reviews the applications at the end of each month. The deadline for submitting applications will be strictly adhered to. All applicants can confirm receipt of the application through the URL provided. All applicants will be notified by email within five business days of the allocation committee's decision(s).
The Support4Sport program accepts applications for financial assistance monthly. Coaches can apply at any time. Ensure that all supplementary information (e.g. budget support documentation, references, endorsements, signatures, etc.) is included with your submission.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the applicant and endorsed by the PSO by the 15th of the month to be reviewed by the Support4Sport Committee at the end of the month. Please allow for a reasonable timeline for the PSO to endorse the application.
The Support4Sport Allocation Committee reviews the applications at the end of each month. All applicants can confirm receipt of the application through the URL provided.
Any applications received after the 15th of the month will be automatically moved and reviewed the next month.
Am I Eligible?
In order to be considered COACHES must:
- be in good standing with the Provincial Sport Organization (PSO), and have their application endorsed by their Provincial Sport Organization;
- be requesting funding for certification or an initiative that can assist Nova Scotia athletes and coaches at all levels ; and
- be fully certified in NCCP competition introduction (a minimum of a Level II certification in the old system) or equivalent level and the initiative will help you to advance along the NCCP coaching development pathway.
*Please note certifications and initiatives within the province are typically in-eligible for funding at the individual level because they are generally eligible for support at the provincial or community sport organization level. It should also be noted that Support4Sport will not fully fund an initiative without any PSO/CSO/NSO contribution.
Can I apply multiple times within the same year?
- Yes. Applicants who have been approved for funding once within the fiscal year (April 1 - March 31st) may apply again, however their application will not be reviewed until the end of the fiscal year in March to give priority to first time applicants. Second time approvals will be subject to eligibility criteria and available funds.
How Do I Apply?
- Complete all of the questions asked in the application
- Acquire the endorsement of your Provincial Sport Organization
- Attach all of the references and supplementary information requested
- Submit complete application before the monthly deadline
Who do I contact?
Application forms can be accessed using the link on the side of this page. Anyone with barriers to accessing an online application can contact Kaitlin McCoombs, Sport Nova Scotia, 5516 Spring Garden Road, 4th Fl., Halifax, NS, B3J 1G6; tel. 902-425-5450 ext. 372; fax. 902-425-5606; email: