Support4Sport- Coach Education
Organizations hosting coaching seminars and conferences are eligible to receive funding to help offset expenses. Applicants are encouraged to read the eligibility information noted here and ensure they meet the criteria before making an application. Upon meeting the eligibility criteria, complete the application form and submit it and all requested supplementary information, by the 15th of each month. Please note, funding for this program is for a maximum of $1,000 and cannot exceed 50% of the total initiative costs.
The Support4Sport Allocation Committee reviews the applications at the end of each month. The deadline for submitting applications will be strictly adhered to. All applicants can confirm receipt of the application through the URL provided. All applicants will be notified by email within five business days of the allocation committee's decision(s).
Am I Eligible?
Potential applicants should ensure they meet or exceed the noted eligibility criteria before submitting an application for financial assistance:
- be local clubs and/or community sport organizations;
- be hosting a coaching seminar or conference that will have a positive impact on the quality of coaching in Nova Scotia; and
- have any sport specific content of their seminar or conference endorsed by their respective Provincial Sport Organization.
Please note: National Certification Coaching Program
(NCCP) certifications programs are not
eligible for funding.
How Do I Apply?
Potential applicants should:
How Do I Get An Application?
Application forms can be accessed using the link on the side of this page. For paper copies and email versions of the application forms contact Kaitlin McCoombs, Sport Nova Scotia, 5516 Spring Garden Road, 4th Fl., Halifax, NS, B3J 1G6; tel. 902-425-5450 ext. 372; fax. 902-425-5606; email: email@example.com
When Can I Apply?
The Support4Sport program accepts applications for financial assistance monthly, with the submission deadline of 15th. Only complete applications will be considered. Please ensure that all supplementary information (e.g. budget support documentation, references, endorsements, signatures, etc.) is included with your submission.
- Check the eligibility criteria for the category in which you wish to apply
- Complete all of the questions asked in the application
- Acquire the endorsements of your Provincial Sport Organization if necessary
- Attach all of the references and supplementary information requested
- Submit complete applications before the monthly deadline