The Support4Sport program, funded by the Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation (NSGC), is projected to provide over $2 million annually for sport in Nova Scotia.
The Support4Sport funding programs have been designed by Sport Nova Scotia (SNS), the Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic (CSCA), and Nova Scotia Health Promotion and Protection (NSHPP), with input and feedback provided by the Provincial Sport Organizations.
Support4Sport Funding guidelines
The Support4Sport funding through the Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation (NSGC) will follow these guidelines for allocations:
- $885,000 will be directed towards participation programming
- $596,100 will be directed towards coaching/officials development
- $290,000 will be directed to athlete assistance
- $530,000 will be directed towards Canada Games programming
- $129,000 will be directed towards high performance programming
Within each of these identified areas, there will be guidelines around amounts to be allocated for specific targeted programs. If all of the targeted allocated funds are not spent on a specific program, the committees will have the ability to designate the funding to another program.
Please note administrative costs have been deducted from Support4Sport funding cited.
It is the intent of the Support4Sport program that any application for funding will only be considered for one funding program.
To download the complete program overview, click here.
Funding Programs Outline (Click each heading for more information)
2. Coach/Officials Development
3. Athlete Assistance
4. Canada Games Programming
5. High Performance Programming
For more information, visit the Support4Sport Official Website at www.support4sport.ca.